Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought Premium - Didn't Receive.. Student Discount

Bought Premium - Didn't Receive.. Student Discount

Something needs to be fixed with the Student Discount Premium taking our money and giving us nothing in return.  It's supposed to be a nice thing for us "POOR" students to have but instead we're getting robbed.  I can't afford $5 handouts.  I failed to find my name on my college's enrollment list so I backed out of the transaction.  Apparently that doesn't matter.  They will take your money no matter what and you're left without Premium.  No, I don't have a receipt because I never finished the transaction.  And no, I do not have another account that would be Premium.  I have my bank statement that shows I had $5 removed and I have my account to prove I don't have Premium.  If I can't get a positive ending to this problem you have lost a customer who planned to be loyal.

2 Replies

I had the same exact problem. I talked to my bank and explained that I had backed out half way becuase I could not be verified. They let me contest the charge and refunded me. 

Hi @spotifymlb,

If your account shows as Free on the Subscription page, can you try checking how the charge shows on the bank statement?

If it's pending/pre-auth/processing, this could explain things: https://support.spotify.com/article/pending-charges/.

Need further help? Just reach out to the Support team through the Contact form or send a DM to @SpotifyCares, so they can double-check backstage.

Suggested posts