Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought subscription to wrong account

Solved!

Bought subscription to wrong account

I'm hoping someone here can help. I was showing a family member how Spotify works and she wanted to purchase a subscription. I accidentally bought her subscription on MY account. Once I realized this, I signed off, created a new account for her and signed her up. I just noticed that her credit card information was still attached to my account. I removed the cc info, but is there a way of getting a refund since I signed up using the incorrect account? I had it for all of 60 seconds until I realized my error. If not it's not a big deal, I can just give her $4.99...but I want to ensure that I will not be charged again on this account. Is removing the payment method all I need to do? Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

First thing to do is make sure you cancel your subscription from your cancellation page and don't log into the Spotify client to listen (since then you might not qualify for a refund).

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and should hopefully be able to refund that charge for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

First thing to do is make sure you cancel your subscription from your cancellation page and don't log into the Spotify client to listen (since then you might not qualify for a refund).

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and should hopefully be able to refund that charge for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you so much! My account does read "cancelled", so I'm good. I don't know if it is worth the hassle of going through customer service, I'll just give her the $5. 🙂

Mayim

Suggested posts