Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bought unlimited still have free version.

Solved!

Bought unlimited still have free version.

This is my second post. Have paid for Unlimited but am not getting the serivice

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi sanderse215- Is this happening on your mobile? Or on your desktop?

A Premium subscription is required to listen to Spotify on your mobile device. You can make the upgrade from Unlimited to Premium easily via your subscription page

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey there!

Problem is fixed for some folks.

Try log out and then log in back.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

23 Replies

Hey shmo, welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear about your problem - your account is definitely showing up as Unlimited on our system. Have you tried logging in and out since upgrading? Or failing that, try reinstalling Spotify. Let us know how you get on.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Having the same problem; tried logging out than back in; also tried reinstalling the app. Also waited a day.

Same problem here.  I keep seeing ads flashing across the screen and playing.  I have deleted files in ~/Library/Caches/Spotify and ~/Application Support/Spotify and logged out and in multiple times but still there are ads.  Please help or refund! Thanks!

Actually it may have been fixed finally.  Strange that this happened.  I would like to see the upgrade happen as soon as I pay.

Wait, no! Just got another ad. Ugh!

I am having the same problem.  Purchased unlimted, but only getting access to free.  When I click upgrade it says my unlimited account is activated.  This is apparently a pretty common flaw, and one that needs to get fixed!  Come on, Spotify!

Hey guys, for all of you having this issue - please get in touch with our payments team through our contact form

We'll get back to you just as soon as we've got the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience while we work all the kinks out.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

Any update?

Hey sanerse215, welcome to the Community.

Everything looks good to me on your account. Does it definitely still show up as free for you?

yes, all my libary comes up also, just can't play it.

Marked as solution

Hi sanderse215- Is this happening on your mobile? Or on your desktop?

A Premium subscription is required to listen to Spotify on your mobile device. You can make the upgrade from Unlimited to Premium easily via your subscription page

It is happening on my mobile phone, I am paying for unlimited. Is that only thru desktop?!

I had to upgrade it once again. Thanks.

Unlimited: Only desktop, adfree.

Premium: Desktop and Mobile incl. iPad etc, adfree, better music quality, exclusive content etc.

I seem to have the same problem - I am unlimited but I keep getting ads and commercials...

Zandoka - Have you logged out of your Spotify, then back in again? Remember to use your username 'zandoka'.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I again purchased unlimited and now it works.

Let's hope it will not charge twice now

I think there was an issue with my paypal account for the last few months - I have now purchased unlimited again and it works

Ahh awesome. Enjoy.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Suggested posts