Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Break Playlist by copying 284+/- songs = unsyncable playlist. Bug?

Solved!

Break Playlist by copying 284+/- songs = unsyncable playlist. Bug?

I submitted a  case on this but received no response: Case #: 00670957

It took me some time to sort this out on my end, but it appears if you add more than ~284 songs to a playlist at once (example: merging two playlists) it will result in the playlist no longer syncing to a mobile device.  Furthermore it would not update on my other computer.  The playlist name also did not update once I renamed it.  Lastly I suspect that the people that are subscribed are not seeing any updates.  

The easy solution would be to delete the playlist and re-create it, but the people subscribing to the playlist would lose it 😞  I have temporarily made a backup of the playlist on the account in increments sub 125 tracks.  This playlist does synchronize with my mobile device and my other computers.

Is there anyway to fix the playlist in question?  It is called "Dave's 80s Easy Listening"

TLDR: Copy more than ~284 songs and you break your playlist, it will no longer sync to your mobile device or across multiple computers or to subscribed listeners.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope. Sorry. However, a manual kickstart from our end can often get things going.

If it starts being difficult again, just let us know. May be something we need to look into further.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

10 Replies

davidknight100 - I don't think this is related to the amount of tracks added. I just tried moving 300+ and it was fine. I think it's something a little different.

I've just escalated it, I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything. I'm sorry about the hassle.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Ok,

I copied all the tracks in the playlists I had into new playlists, and they copied up until I hit a number of around 280.   That's where I came up with the thought it was the number of tracks copied.

thank you though.  At least now I know it's being looked into.

Thanks again,

David.

David, what was the name of the playlist you were trying to merge with "Dave's 80s Easy Listening"?

I might be able to manually do it from here.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

i was attempting to merge the playlist (now deleted) called "Dave's 80s pop" into "Dave's 80s Easy Listening".  From there,  I renamed it "Dave's 80s Top Hits"

They merged on my pc.  But when i got to work, the playlist was named the old playlist name, and there were no new tracks in it.

I have created a new playlist and  have merged them and all the tracks are now in a plylist called "Dave's 80s Top Hits (Backup)". 

The quick solution is to just delete the problematic playlist.  The issue i have, is that the subscribers would lose it too.

One solution (but it doesnt work on my end) is to delete all the tracks and just copy in the "Dave's 80s Top Hits (Backup)" playlist tracks into it.  The thing is (after testing) the "Dave's 80s Easy Listening" playlist does not syncronize anymore with my phone or work PC.  It's like it's corrupted.

I'm stumped as to what is happening.

Would you like me to try transferring all the tracks from "Dave's 80s Top Hits (Backup)" into "Dave's 80s Easy Listening"?

If it does act strange, we can always revert the changes. It's no issue.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Let's give it a shot.

Can you copy them (instead of moving them)?  That's my prefered way.

I'll sync it with my phone immediatly and let you know the results.

*edit* the old tracks from the easy listening playlist will have to be deleted first to, or there will be duplicates.

Ok, just moved them all over. Let us know how you get on.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Hey,

Whatever you did seems to have fixed it!  It now will sync wtih my phone, and i can now add tracks to the playlist!

Thank you!

Any idea what might have broken it?

Marked as solution

Nope. Sorry. However, a manual kickstart from our end can often get things going.

If it starts being difficult again, just let us know. May be something we need to look into further.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Will do.  Thanks!

Suggested posts