Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug report iOS iPhone X

Bug report iOS iPhone X

I’ve discovered a bug on the most recent iOS running on the iPhone X.

Background:

I am a Spotify premium user. After my commute to work where my phone is connected via Bluetooth, I disconnect my phone by shutting off my car and the music stops which is good and should happen. I leave the playlist/Spotify open with the intention of picking up where I left off when I leave work or have some down time to listen to music.

This is where the bug occurs:

When I go to lock my phone while the music is no longer playing regardless of what app is running, pressing the lock button will unpause the music and will start playing from the speakers on my iPhone. My occupation is typically a quiet office so you can see where this can be an issue. If I use my phone at all during work, and then lock the phone, the music will start playing. It happens every time I press the lock button, even when i press it while the phone is LOCKED on the locked screen.

Note: this bug will only stop if the application (Spotify) was suspended/in the background for several minutes OR if I fully close the app on my phone (which is something I would rather not have to do.)

please fix this issue and make it so that I can lock my phone in my office without the music starting itself, thank you.

1 Reply

Hey! Thanks for reaching out to the community.

I would say that the only way to stop it would be to close the app, but this sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas Exchange. This’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it.

Happy Listening,

Jack 🙂

Suggested posts