Free

Country

Switzerland

Device

Desktop 

Operating System

Windows 10 Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

My Question or Issue

I tried "Find friends" > "Connect to Facebook" but upon klicking the button nothing happens. Nothing opens. I've also tried going through settings > "Social" > "Facebook" > "Connect to Facebook" but that doesn't work either.

Maybe my problem is connected with this: I only wanted to start using Spotify very recently (Monday 18th of June). Not really knowing a thing about it I just clicked "Sign up with Facebook" but after the account was set up I realized that that isn't how I want it to be, deleted the Account signed up with Facebook the same day (Mo. 18th of June) and registered a new account by E-Mail. This new account is what I'd like to connect to Facebook now, but can't. 

On Facebook > "Settings" > "Apps" I have already removed Spotify, that didn't change a thing. I already spent 2-3 hours (!) looking for solutions online myself but to no avail. But it seems there are/were others having similar problems with the "connect to facebook" button. 

*Edit: I can see the Log in window which should pop up by using ALT+TAB, but can't access it.

3 Replies

Hey,

Unfortunatelly i saw this problem reported earlier today and, as far as I know, it has nothing to do with your login or your spotify account.

A quick fix to your problem is trying to connect to facebook from your mobile device:

1. Tap Home .
    Got Premium? Tap Your Library 
  2. Tap Settings .
  3. Select Social.
  4. Under FACEBOOK, tap Connect to Facebook… 
  5. Enter your Facebook login details, and tap Log In

After that try closing the desktop window and opening it again and you will be set and ready to go.

If this helped solve your problem please accept it as an answer, if not please let me know.

❤️

I've been having the same problem. I tried connecting my account through the mobile app like you suggested, and that worked. But the desktop app still hasn't recognized that my account has already been connected. The "connect to facebook" buttons are still around, and still not working.

i had this problem. re-installing the app on desktop fixed it for me

Suggested posts