Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CAN'T EDIT ACCOUNT INFO

Solved!

CAN'T EDIT ACCOUNT INFO

I've been trying to link my Spotify account to my Sonos but I'm running into some issues. When I try and request a password I get the following error:  "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."

When I go to my account info there's no email address in there. Next to my account info it says "These fields can be edited on your Facebook account page" The problem is that when I go to my Facebook account all the information is in there so I'm a little confused..... I even had to create a Spotify account under my girlfriends Facebook so I could login to the forums. I tried adding a different email to my Facebook account, making my profile public, and deleting the Spotify app under my Facebook account. So I'm all out of ideas.

How can I resolve this issue?

Username: 1215285913

Order Number: 7029871****

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Easybreezy12 - Not to worry, it looks like you had 2 accounts. Your original one that you use, and one created through Facebook, that you don't. I've just deleted that Facebook-created one, so it shouldn't be an issue any more. If you give it another go, it should work nicely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

20 Replies

Hi Rkoa63- Welcome to the Community. 

So what's happened here is your registration wasn't completed when you signed up via Facebook. We can help you with this but I'll need to know your personal email so I can get in touch.

If you could post it here as a comment it'd be a great help. Don't worry, I'll remove it from the forums ASAP. Thanks!

Hi Meredith,

Thank you for the reply. My email address is m****@*mail.com

Hi Rkoa63- Great, thanks for getting back to me with that. 

I've just sent an email your way. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Can a Moderator please help me?  

I'm able to login to my account and edit my profile, but when I attempt to save the changes, it's telling me that my email address is already being used and won't save anything.

Yes, thank you, I already know it's being used!!  It's being used by me, Silly!  

Any suggestions??

Marked as solution

Easybreezy12 - Not to worry, it looks like you had 2 accounts. Your original one that you use, and one created through Facebook, that you don't. I've just deleted that Facebook-created one, so it shouldn't be an issue any more. If you give it another go, it should work nicely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Thank you, Sam!  I just tried saving my changes and it worked.  Problem solved!

We seem to have the same problem here, I say as I'm speaking for my mother 🙂

She also claims to have made a playlist which we can't find anywhere, but perhaps it is simple lost in the twilight between creating a FB-account and the old Spotify account?

Hi beritsunnero - Yes it seems your mother has made two accoutns on our system. 

One is linked to her Facebook while the other is linked to her 'beritsunnero' Spotify username. If she signs in with using her 'beritsunnero' username, and then again with her FB details, she should be able to find the playlist she's looking for.

She can then right-click on the playlist title > copy the Spotify URI > and paste into the Spotify search bar when she wants to subscribe again later. 

Please check out this post for instructions on sorting out her two accounts once that playlist is found. 

I'm having the same problems. Can't get to my edit profile page because of a "Bad Gateway".

Probably I also have to accounts and hope that someone can help me...

My emailadress is check@vincentbauer.com

thx

@Vincent_eins wrote:

I'm having the same problems. Can't get to my edit profile page because of a "Bad Gateway".

Probably I also have to accounts and hope that someone can help me...

My emailadress is <Removed> 

thx

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It would appear from reading the community there where some website issues recently, can you try again now?

As for having two accounts, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove the extra one for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

• We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support.
    my email: 

Hi @Matuka 

You should get in touch with the spotify support team by using the online contact form or by tweeting @SpotifyCares on twitter. 

If you get an auto reply back directing you to the help pages, just reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the employees will get back to you as soon as possible.

I would also recommend to snip your e-mail from your post. This can be done by expanding "Options" -> Edit.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

I am having the same issue, I first get error "Spotify desktop client communication failed." Then when I logged into site to set device passwords, I get "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."

Spotify error.jpg
Spotify error 2.png

@riquesdad 

Spotify is looking into an issue with device passwords at the moment. For now, the workaround is to head to facebook.com > Settings > Security > App passwords > Generate app passwords, and generate one to use with Spotify.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am having the same issue retrieving my password. My facebook account: erwan@kerebel.com

I am having the same problem. I am trying to set my device password but it's telling me the reset email can't be sent and that I should log out and log back in.

Hi, the same problem here, i guess i have my 2 accounts, the one i created and the one that facebook created, i tried to change my e-mail adress in Facebook but each time i go back to my Spotify profile still the same, also i don't want to use Facebook in Spotify, can you help me?

Suggested posts