Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

CAN'T EDIT ACCOUNT INFO

Solved!
Highlighted

CAN'T EDIT ACCOUNT INFO

Casual Listener

I've been trying to link my Spotify account to my Sonos but I'm running into some issues. When I try and request a password I get the following error:  "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."

When I go to my account info there's no email address in there. Next to my account info it says "These fields can be edited on your Facebook account page" The problem is that when I go to my Facebook account all the information is in there so I'm a little confused..... I even had to create a Spotify account under my girlfriends Facebook so I could login to the forums. I tried adding a different email to my Facebook account, making my profile public, and deleting the Spotify app under my Facebook account. So I'm all out of ideas.

How can I resolve this issue?

Username: 1215285913

Order Number: 7029871****

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: CAN'T EDIT ACCOUNT INFO

Spotify
Spotify
Easybreezy12 - Not to worry, it looks like you had 2 accounts. Your original one that you use, and one created through Facebook, that you don't. I've just deleted that Facebook-created one, so it shouldn't be an issue any more. If you give it another go, it should work nicely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Rkoa63- Welcome to the Community. 

So what's happened here is your registration wasn't completed when you signed up via Facebook. We can help you with this but I'll need to know your personal email so I can get in touch.

If you could post it here as a comment it'd be a great help. Don't worry, I'll remove it from the forums ASAP. Thanks!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi Meredith,

Thank you for the reply. My email address is m****@*mail.com

Highlighted

Spotify
Spotify

Hi Rkoa63- Great, thanks for getting back to me with that. 

I've just sent an email your way. Keep an eye on your inbox for me. 

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Can a Moderator please help me?  

I'm able to login to my account and edit my profile, but when I attempt to save the changes, it's telling me that my email address is already being used and won't save anything.

Yes, thank you, I already know it's being used!!  It's being used by me, Silly!  

Any suggestions??

Highlighted
Solution!

Spotify
Spotify
Easybreezy12 - Not to worry, it looks like you had 2 accounts. Your original one that you use, and one created through Facebook, that you don't. I've just deleted that Facebook-created one, so it shouldn't be an issue any more. If you give it another go, it should work nicely.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

View solution in original post

Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

Thank you, Sam!  I just tried saving my changes and it worked.  Problem solved!

Highlighted

We seem to have the same problem here, I say as I'm speaking for my mother 🙂

She also claims to have made a playlist which we can't find anywhere, but perhaps it is simple lost in the twilight between creating a FB-account and the old Spotify account?

Spotify
Spotify

Hi beritsunnero - Yes it seems your mother has made two accoutns on our system. 

One is linked to her Facebook while the other is linked to her 'beritsunnero' Spotify username. If she signs in with using her 'beritsunnero' username, and then again with her FB details, she should be able to find the playlist she's looking for.

She can then right-click on the playlist title > copy the Spotify URI > and paste into the Spotify search bar when she wants to subscribe again later. 

Please check out this post for instructions on sorting out her two accounts once that playlist is found. 

Highlighted

I'm having the same problems. Can't get to my edit profile page because of a "Bad Gateway".

Probably I also have to accounts and hope that someone can help me...

My emailadress is check@vincentbauer.com

thx

SUGGESTED POSTS