Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CANNOT SET PASSWORD

CANNOT SET PASSWORD

I've been using spotify on my Iphone for a few months now with no issues, but now I've downloaded Spotify onto my computer and try to log in with Facebook but it gives me a message saying "Spotify desktop client communication failed."  So, then I went to the Spotify website and logged in with Facebook succesfully, but then when I try to set my password so that I can log into Spotify without using Facebook, it gives me a message saying "We're sorry, your email address was not available, please try to log out, log back in and try again. If the problem continues, please contact support."  Please help!

3 Replies

Try this:

http://mikedixson.com/2014/11/solved-spotify-desktop-client-communication-failed/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I went through this solution and then tried to log in on the app, but it gave me another message that says, "Service is temporarily unavailable, please try again later."  I've done this multiple times and get  the same message every time.

Hey @AriBorud,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. We're currently looking into it.

You should be able to login with your Facebook credentials on your computer. Can you try to reinstall the app following the setps here?

After that, try to login again with your Facebook email and password.

Let us know how you get on!

Suggested posts