Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CC Payment System Not Working Correctly

CC Payment System Not Working Correctly

The card that I'd been using for my premium subscription was cancelled by the bank, due to the Target breach.  I received a new card, and want to update my payment information.  However, when I enter the card number the form moves me out of the CC number line once I reach 15 characters, instead of 16.  Of course, this means that the card validation would not work because Visa accounts are 16 digits.

Eventually I was able to force it to accept 16 digits by clicking back into the CC number field 5 times and typing the last digit.  However, I thought that you should be aware of this error because not everyone is going to be as desperate as me to get their premium subscription working.

FYI, I experienced the same error using IE, Chrome, and Firefox.  

10 Replies

Are you in the US? There have been several reports of this lately, so the Spotify team have been made aware!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have the same problem, PayPal just cancelled my automatic payment system without my notice . It seems as if Spotify wishes me to unsusbscribe, because it is not accepting any of my very safe very healthy cards. I do not know what to do.

Paypal payments should be unaffected by this issue. Have you tried resetting up via PayPal?

Peter

Yes, to no effect.

Strange, what error message do you get when you try and set up via PayPal?

Peter

That the cards are not working, but they are. I cannot change the method of payment in Spotify, either. I do not wish to be bothered with PayPal when my cards are working perfectly.

Are you having the "can only enter 15 digits" issue, which has been escalated to the payments team or another error?

Peter

Hi all,

If you're having the issue where our website isn't letting you type in the full amount of digits, try typing it in a text editor (Notepad, Word) and pasting it from there. Sounds strange but it's been known to work!

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

This worked for me

HAVING ISSUES UPDATING CC INFORMATION:

I have a new CC (old one expired) and I must update the exp date & security code. Spotifiy has sent me emails several times addressing this, but each time I click on "UPDATE DETAILS" the system just thinks and thinks, never directing me to the next page to input the new info. I've tried getting to this page through several different links.

Not sure what else to do and there doesn't seem to be any way (that 'ive found) to contact spotify support directly. 

Bad system.

Suggested posts