Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

CHarged but was never verified

CHarged but was never verified

HI, i was goign to sign up for spotify premium for students but found out i wasnt eligble becuase im still in high school. So i couldnt continue with getting premium but they still charged me even though I didnt get the premium becuase i couldnt be verified as a student? HElp plese!!!!!!!!!!!

14 Replies

I was charged then verified and it took me back to the screen to type in my card info. But I was already charged!! And now I can't get premium because I refuse to be charged twice!!

Hey Xcess,

We havent charged you - that is just an authorisation taken by your bank.  This should be returned to your balance in the next few days.  If you are having problems verifying the Student Deal, please try going via https://spotify.sheerid.com/

Hey Cameron,

The 'charge' is just an authorisation by the bank and will be returned in the next few days.  If you try again via www.spotify.com/student, you should be able to start the discounted Premium.

The link is not available or its "sleeping"

I see the problem, there is a , after student.  Please try this one www.spotify.com/student

Why would I have to re enter my card information? Will it charge me again, yes! It told me I had no money on that card and I know that I put 6 dollars on the account to receive the student price. And it was charged weather it's real or not it's pending and now there is no money in the account to re enter my information...... What are you going to do about this

And.... That link still wants to charge me???

Hi,

I cannot see why the system is not running this through - could you please contact the support team via https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact?  They will be able to help you with this issue.

Hey Calvin

Do you know how long it will take for the support team to get back to me?

hey, how come spotify won't allow high school students to get premium? technically we are students too.

I still need help. The link you gave me to write into no one is responding? Please I just want to use my premium I have paid for!

Hi Cameronbellinge,

Our agents have tried responding to you but the messages are all being returned by your mail provider. 

The issue with your student discount is that an authorisation was given by the bank (it looks like a debit, but will be returned), but the main payment failed.  Have you tried again since the 18th?

Hi saritasarita_,

Hi saritasarita_,

I think that it is because we are using the same criteria as for the student deals in the UK and Germany - namely university students.  We use external partners to verify the student identity (NUS, Unidays, Sheer ID) - I would assume that there is anything in place at the moment to check High-School students.

Suggested posts