Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I add a family member to my premium account?

Can I add a family member to my premium account?

I'd like to allow my wife to use my Spotify Premium account.  Is this allowed? Sorry, this question is probably easy to answer, but I can't find it anywhere in the boilerplate information. 

7 Replies

What do you mean about letting her use your account? I don't think there is a rule that denies that. I for one use my ID in my iPad and my wife also uses the iPad from time to time.

If you mean to have 2 users share the premium account (2 devices stream at the same time) then this can't be done. if you wish 2 devices to stream at the same time - then you need 2 Premium subscriptions.

Surely I dont' work for Spotify, so these are just what I think

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

@neo-x wrote:
What do you mean about letting her use your account? I don't think there is a rule that denies that. I for one use my ID in my iPad and my wife also uses the iPad from time to time.

If you mean to have 2 users share the premium account (2 devices stream at the same time) then this can't be done. if you wish 2 devices to stream at the same time - then you need 2 Premium subscriptions.

Surely I dont' work for Spotify, so these are just what I think

Spotify subscriptions are said to be personal, so that they are idealy used by one person only. 

However, you can both use Spotify on different devices using the same login at the same time as long as one is in offline mode.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

So I stand corrected 🙂

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Ummmh - the T&C is actually even firmer than that. You actually agree not to share your account with anyone else.

There are ways to get around the mechanism in place to stop this, but there is a moral angle too. Most of the subscription income goes to the rights holders of the music that you play. If you are sharing your account that's a possible source of income lost. If you want artists and composers treated fairly, then treat them fairly 🙂

So don't share the credentials in any form is the right answer. If someone else needs to use Spotify - they need their own set of credentials, and as mobile devices are conserned - they need a premium subscription for it.

Once again we never get an answer to the actual question...

Just some idiot spouting off crap!!!

It's his bloody wife for christ's sake!

"Oh no, I know we live under the same roof and all that but you will have to get your own Spotify account"...

I have never heard such tosh!

So what happens if he buys Adele's latest CD and his wife asks him to if she can play it whilst he is mowing the lawn.

"Oh no", I hear him say, "You will just bloody well have to go out and buy your own Adele CD...".

And then his daughter/son asks and he says no to them also!

Are you therefore saying that they would all have to buy their own copy of Adele's CD and end up with FOUR copies in the house.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts