Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I change the facebook account attached to my Spotify?

Solved!

Can I change the facebook account attached to my Spotify?

So. My friend gave me his Spotify account, and his facebook was off course attached to it. I detached his facebook and tried to attach my own Facebook-account. When logging in through spotify desktop app, his facebook name appears again in the settings section.

How come I log into my own FB through spotify, and his facebook is still attached? 

NOTE: The switch only worked when I log into spotify through the web. It seems all the account settings and stuff have my own picture. BUT, in the app and name of the playlist maker, is still his facebook.

Anyone know whatsup?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @lukksos,

It can take 2 weeks for the system to update everything. This includes the display name and the profile picture. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @lukksos,

It can take 2 weeks for the system to update everything. This includes the display name and the profile picture. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

oh, so it's like that?

Glad to know, now I just have to be patient! 😃

Thank you for the answer!!!

And oh, everytime I log out of Spotify, and when I log in again, when I check settings, it says "Connect to facebook" like if I never attached my facebook to the spotify.

Why is this? 

Everytime I connect to facebook and attach it to my spotify, it dissappears when I log out =/

There is no need to try to re-connect your Facebook and Spotify account 🙂

The Spotify account and your Facebook profile are most likely connecting right now.

This whole process can take some time. Make sure that you haven't opted-out of sharing data with Facebook, which can be done on this page.

MaximSpotify Star

Suggested posts