Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I choose my username if I delete my premium account and resignup? (no facebook)

Can I choose my username if I delete my premium account and resignup? (no facebook)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop, car

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

If I quit my current spotify service and then resignup for a new account, can I choose a username that isn't some random number? I do not have a facebook account.

3 Replies

Hey @1287873145,

Welcome to the Spotify Community and thanks for posting your question here. 

Sure, you can create a new Spotify account and choose what to type in 'What should we call you?' so that you have a personalized display name. As a heads-up, you won't need to create your account through Facebook to do this.

If you're thinking of using the same email address associated with your 'first' Spotify account to create the 'new' account, it'd be good to consider that it might take up to 30 days for the email address to become newly available after the 'first' account gets closed. If you'd rather not wait, it'd be best to go ahead and create the new account with a different email address.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mario is there an easy way to transfer all of my playlists?

Hey @1287873145,

You can follow the steps featured in this Spotify answer to easily transfer all your playlists to the new account with your Windows 10 laptop.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts