Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I create a new account and still get the 3 months free?

Solved!

Can I create a new account and still get the 3 months free?

I recently signed up for a premium subscription with 3 months free to evaluate.  Nothing on the signup page indicated that values I entered could not be changed.  I understand that I was assigned a cryptic username that can't be changed, and this is ok.  I was asked something like "What do you want to be known as" and I just entered my first name.  Apparently, that is my profile name now and it can't be changed either.  The form should make clear what this is used for and that it can't be changed - I would have been more careful in choosing a name.  Unfortunately, I have a common first name and having a friend look for me as David is not helpful!  I've spent hours trying to find a solution, and the best option seems to be to close my account and sign up again.  Unfortunately, I can only get the 3 months free once.  I don't want to add lots of music to my account now only to have to start again.  How can this be resolved?  I want to be searchable by a name of my choice, and I'd like to have time to evaluate Spotify before I commit.  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @David-K 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You can open a new account, of course, but you won't be able to redeem the 3-month trial if you user the same credit card that you've used before to the other account. 

So, you need to close this current account and then create a new one and use a new payment method if you want to redeem the free trial.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @David-K 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

You can open a new account, of course, but you won't be able to redeem the 3-month trial if you user the same credit card that you've used before to the other account. 

So, you need to close this current account and then create a new one and use a new payment method if you want to redeem the free trial.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Thanks.  I'll try creating a new account with a different credit card and cancel this one as you suggest.

Happy to know that my answer was useful for you. If your issue/question was solved, I'd like to ask you to mark my answer as a solution and give me kudos! That's important for another people with same issue get an useful answer faster.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts