Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Last week I was at my neighbors and I made contact with their Spotify Connect speakers.

Everytime I open spotify it wil play the music from their speakers instead of my iPhone (Even when I'm on my own WiFi network or without a WiFi network). Please say there is an option to delete the speakers from my iPhone (and also my iPad now)!

124 Replies

Spotify doesn't read here and they obviously don't care about users security. I have been in contact with support and sent them a link to this forum and all they did was to recommend me to send in a "feature request" via some form and hope enough people like it to get it prioritized. 

If everyone aware of this security problem start to contact Spotify support it might be inconvenient for them with a lot of support tickets. That's probably the only way. Or try to contact some news media to have it more widely published! 

Marked as solution

John, I have just had the same discussion with support after finding this thread.  I expressed to them what a bad idea this was and the security issues but found the exact same response you got, basically "stiff - thats how it works" and if you don't like it post a suggestion on our "ideas board".  To clarify my issue was that my friends had connected to my wifi nework and with their own phone and own spotify account then played music to my spotify connect enabled spreakers.  They were then able to play to those speakers any time they liked from anywhere they liked, they no longer had to be connected to my wifi network and I had absolutly no control to stop them.  Working in the IT industry I cannot believe this is allowed and I have no control over this.  Support told me to fix the issue I should factory reset my spotify connect enabled speakers which is absurd! 

I have no problem with users being able to play to my speakers but it should only ever be available while they are on my LAN!

I have cancelled my spotify subscription and my IT collegues are doing the same.  Probably won't make any difference but like you say, but everyone should be aware of how this works to make their own informed decision.

The replies I get from Spotify support are ridiculous: 'please reinstall Spotify' (doesn't help since the problem is server side), 'please revoke app access in your profile' (there is no app, Spotify Connect is built in), 'sign out everywhere in your profile' (i never signed in to Spotify Connect of course), 'change your password' (???), 'remove the wifi network from your phone' (the connect device shows up on devices that never connected to that network in the first place). The incompetence is shocking. I'm canceling my Spotify subscription and moving over to Apple Music. Screw these amateurs.

This is an utter joke - I can't believe this is possible. Why hasn't this been fixed yet spotift?! Unbelieveable. I played one track on my parents new bose from spotify, I've come home, and I've opened up the spotify ON MY DESKTOP PC and it started playing music in my parents living room 50 miles away. 

This is an utter farce. Get it fixed. Not only is it a totally useless "feature" (and lets face it, it's not a feature, it's a mistake from your half-arsed children in programming) but it's completely irritating, and allows me to control every spotify connect system I connect to, ever, from anywhere on the planet. 

Have a word. It's pathetic. 

This is an utter joke - I can't believe this is possible. Why hasn't this been fixed yet spotify?! Unbelieveable. I played one track on my parents new bose from spotify, I've come home, and I've opened up the spotify ON MY DESKTOP PC and it started playing music in my parents living room 50 miles away. 

This is an utter farce. Get it fixed. Not only is it a totally useless "feature" (and lets face it, it's not a feature, it's a mistake from your half-arsed children in programming) but it's completely irritating, and allows me to control every spotify connect system I connect to, ever, from anywhere on the planet. 

Have a word. It's pathetic. 

Suggested posts