Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

Solved!

Re: Can I delete a Spotify Connect device from the list?

thebryns
Casual Listener
The problem is, if I go to a house party and I connect to the hosts speakers, I can pump music through them any time of night or day (by accident) until they reset or connect something else. Why cant Spotify just have an ignore device feature so I can choose not to access those speakers. Or only connect to speakers on the same network. Its a major floor. I once got woken up at 3am by music playing out of my speakers because somebody at my party a week ago connected and now they were playing music at their home but the sound was coming out of my speakers!!! **bleep**!

user-removed
Not applicable
Yep. Apparently even with tens of millions$ in revenue, they can't afford to fix this glaring issue.

user-removed
Not applicable
Crazy isn't it! It can't be that hard.

user-removed
Not applicable
It's completely annoying but like I say. Simply reset your audio product and it will unable anyone else to re connect.
Trouble is they need to remember to reset theirs if you visit them and connect! Spotify need to Sort it out for sue.

Nabi
Casual Listener

Same problem here: Second option wasn't enough, device is still coming back.

But how can I change password if I use Facebook account to log in?

Sorry, I found the way to do it, to change the password.

But it's still the same, the device has remaind on the list.

I just read the other comments and realized there is no way to fix this on the users, end

Very annoying.

Can someone from Spotify support advise this? 

Nabi
Casual Listener

Changing password and sign out hasn't solved the isse, I still have the device on the list.

Nabi
Casual Listener

Sounds easy :)

Any simpler method than this? 

surrey_lad

Thank you sir, this sequence of changing the password and THEN sign out also worked here. I installed 2 Heos drives in a clients house just over a year ago. My 10yr old would get in from school, sometimes with friends and decide to dance to some Bieber on our home system!

1st call.. "Daddy the volumes not working"

2nd call....the client!!!

ConnyDri
Music Fan

And hopefully the clients speakers is still okay. A customer to me ended up with two new in-ceiling speakers blown up. Who to blame? The warranty does not cover blown up speakers. Spotify Connect Sucks!

// Conny

fireballbk

I have to highlight this problem as well!

This IS a BIG problem! What is even the point in making it possible to remotely control an audio device over the internet?

This feature needs be limited to local network connections!

SUGGESTED POSTS