Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I get my playlists back from an unlinked Facebook account?

Solved!

Can I get my playlists back from an unlinked Facebook account?

Plan

Free

Country

Taiwan

Device

iPhone 6 , an old Asus laptop

Operating System

iOS 12, Windows vista 

My Question or Issue

I have a Spotify account created with Facebook account for years.

Recently, I made a second account signed up with just email(gmail), and then I linked these two account.

Then I found the all playlists in my Facebook login account (my first Spotify account) disappeared, so I unlinked these two accounts.

Now I can't log in with my first Spotify account (created with my facebook account) it says it’s no longer existing and need to be linked with a Spotify account or log up with a new one.

My question is can I get my playlists back from my first Spotify account (created with Facebook and now unlinked with Spotify )?  If I make a new Spotify account for my Facebook account , will it delete my playlists in my Facebook account or it will make them back?

Plus I have checked apps connection in my Facebook setting , it shows the connection with Spotify is still linked, I have two consoles(ps4&xboxone) they are still logged in with my very first Spotify account and all my playlists are still there, but I can no longer log in with my first Spotify account when I use my laptop and iPhone.

Thank you for your answering and sorry about my poor english.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again, @Fenris11267 

I searched for solutions to your problem, and finally, you should be in touch with the Customer Support to manage your both account, set one of them as "main" and migrate the songs of the old playlist into the new one. Just open a ticket here.

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey, @Fenris11267 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for posting!

First of all, has your old account permanently closed? Was your old account merged with this new? If was, you can check if your old playlists is available to be recovered. Just follow these steps contained on the article below:

If you need more info or have any other questions, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Hi hezorg

Wow thank your patience for checking my situation and I still have some questions.

My old account has not been closed by me, at least I remember I didn't select that and I never know there is a way to close them ; Will it somehow be closed because I changed the settings in my laptop Spotify app? Or will it be closed because I disconnected these two accounts before? 

And how can I know they are merged? I linked these two accounts again and now I am able to log in with my Facebook when I use my laptop and phone. Since I have done this, it put my Facebook profile picture on Spotify account profile, now I can log in with both email and Facebook , yes they look like they have been merged into one account.

And then I checked Recover deleted playlists  and it says i have not deleted any playlists yet.

But my playlists in my very first Spotify account( The old one, created with Facebook ) are still not showed in this new Spotify account (They looks like be merged into one )

, and now I can only access these playlists in my consoles . I'm afraid to log out Spotify on my consoles because I may lose these playlists permanently.

Anyway thank you again.  If there will be no way to recover these playlists, I think I will add these thousands of songs one by one to this new account.

Marked as solution

Hey again, @Fenris11267 

I searched for solutions to your problem, and finally, you should be in touch with the Customer Support to manage your both account, set one of them as "main" and migrate the songs of the old playlist into the new one. Just open a ticket here.

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts