Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I remove or hide "Made for you" content/suggestions? Some of them are really bad

Can I remove or hide "Made for you" content/suggestions? Some of them are really bad

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 11, desktop

Operating System

iOS 14, Ubuntu 20.04LTS

My Question or Issue

"Made for you" in spotify is laughable and annoying.

It is currently suggesting a "daily sports" podcast and has been for a while.

I have never watched a sports event in my life, I have never search, listened to anything about any sport in my life- ever.

Spotify seems to be keen on advertising a podcast to me I have no interest in and I cannot for the life of me find a way to either tell their questionable algo I'm not interested, or even hide the damn thing.

Can someone please help me fix this annoyance?

15 Replies

Hey @autodan, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I'm afraid this feature isn't possible at the moment, but I could see how this can be useful. You can always create a new Idea about this here, and I'll also pass your feedback on to the right folks.

There is some more information about Made For You in this support article. If you don't like something that got recommended for you, you can:

• TapBilly-J_0-1601334093727.pngin the Now Playing view to like a song, which automatically saves it to your Liked Songs playlist Your Library.
  • TapBilly-J_1-1601334093602.pngin the Now Playing view to remove it and Spotify will remember for next time.

I'll be here if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

this feature isn’t possible right now

• And this is why i will never sign up for this absolutely **bleep** service.  They do everything in their power to shove mass media top 40 mediocrity down your throat, while continually making it harder and harder to actually get to the good stuff. 

Give us the option to delete made for you playlists!!!!!

Hi There,

if you what to make this happen you can put this on the Idea page.

I am cancelling my subscription. This sh&@ is annoying and a waste of my time. If I wanted to see lil Dirk’s face every time I log in, I would build it into my playlist

yes please. Please give us a toggle switch to disable this option. I want to hear new music and every playlist seem to be the "Made for You" variety now and i HATE IT. If I can't figure this out, I'm switching to another streaming service or maybe just going old school and buying my own music again. At least I felt like I had some control then. 

I use Spotify to discover new music, but this feature just messed it all up for me... I've been an user for over 5 years and would love to have at least an option to turn off the "made for you" feature. I want to explore music, not listen everything I already listen to over and over again...

Yes, made for you playlists are annoying. I use Spotify to discover new music, this feature has to be closable.

Please do it. It is ruining my experience and I'm cancelling my premium because of this. 

Back then when we were searching the "radio about X songs" we would actually discover new songs based on what I like. Now we have 80% of already known content that aren't relevant at all and it's **bleep** me off.

This really did ruin a lot of playlists for me. I see many songs that don't fit on other playlists simply because the algorithm knows I like them a lot, but when they play when I'm trying to listen to a certain mood it's just so jarring. I really want to be able to toggle this "Made for ____" feature off.

Please enable a toggle option to switch this feature off. It keeps me from exploring new music and seriously pisses me off at the moment. I'm thinking of moving onto another service. 

Count me in, turn it off please.

I would like a toggle switch for this also as playlists are getting repetitive when music are put into curated playlists that I already listen to. The reason for listening to a curated playlist is to find new music, not to be presented with what I already have in my library.

My playlists are all **bleep** up.  Can't even find all of them now.  I've got to find a way to fix this.  There's no sense in being bombarded with suggestions.  "Made For (ME)" has got to be removable or at the least controllable in some way.  I'm extremely disappointed!

Suggested posts