Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I stop my Discovery playlist being messed up by a playlist without going into a Private session?

Solved!

Can I stop my Discovery playlist being messed up by a playlist without going into a Private session?

I have made a playlist of rain noise which I listen to as I sleep. It's just the 10 minute track looped all night. I use Alexa to start the playlist using a "Sleep" command (I use spotify as the Alexa skill is very confining and doesn't work well).

I made the playlist private thinking this would stop Spotify from using the playlist from skewing my Discovery playlist but that isn't the case and now it's full of the most awful panpipe nonsesne that I have no interest in with the occasional really nice piece of music.

I don't want to have to turn on private session each night (somewhat defeats the purpose) so jsut wondering how I can stop this one playlist from influencing what Spotify determines are my listening habits in a simple way.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @munkifisht 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your issue, first you need have in mind that that the private session doesn't prevents that Spotify collect data about your usage. Even using the private session, Spotify will continue getting your activity and giving you suggestions based on that. The "Private Session" function just impedes that your activity be shared with Social, like Facebook. Each session duration is 6 hours or until you desativate it on your own.

About Alexa experience, take a look at this following article to have more information about it:

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @munkifisht 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your issue, first you need have in mind that that the private session doesn't prevents that Spotify collect data about your usage. Even using the private session, Spotify will continue getting your activity and giving you suggestions based on that. The "Private Session" function just impedes that your activity be shared with Social, like Facebook. Each session duration is 6 hours or until you desativate it on your own.

About Alexa experience, take a look at this following article to have more information about it:

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll try to help you.

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts