Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I upgrade to family while using Free 3 month Premium account?

Can I upgrade to family while using Free 3 month Premium account?

I have just signed up for the 3 month free premium account but I want to upgrade to the family account. Can you tell me how this will affect the 3 months free?

1 Reply

It looks like no one got back to you, but in case someone else has this question, here's the answer:

If you have Premium directly through Spotify, you can switch to Premium Family without needing to cancel anything. Your billing will switch over automatically.

• If you're managing a Family plan, when you upgrade your subscription from regular Premium to Premium Family, any remaining time that you've already paid for will be converted into a Premium Family subscription. Your new payment date will likely be a few days earlier than usual to cover the price difference between Individual and Family Premium.

• If you're joining a Family plan, all subsequent payments on your account are made by the plan's manager. Any remaining Premium time you have is forfeited.

Note: If your current Premium plan is associated with a partner, you first need to cancel with them and wait for your current Premium to end.

Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts