Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I use Family Plan with friends?

Can I use Family Plan with friends?

Plan

Pretend do be Family

Country

Portugal

My Question or Issue

I wanna use premium family plan, but they don't live in the same house as me, how can I do that? we wanna share the same account for 6 guys. Is it possible?

11 Replies

Hey @xaaavi_m ,

Thanks for reaching out.

All members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same address as the plan owner (you, in this case) 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I just need to create my account at my home and add them to my account?

Thats bad.. I don't live with my friends and we wanna use spotify account together..

Hi there @xaaavi_m,

Thanks for your reply.

As stated in the Spotify Premium Family Terms and Conditions all users of the Family plan need to reside at the same physical address.

During registration all users need to be on the same address as the owner of the premium plan. After that they need to visit the same physical location periodically in order for the plan to stay active.

Hope you find this info useful. 

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

And its possible to use and share spotify account with friends? Like family plan?

Hi there @xaaavi_m,

Thanks for the reply.

As long as the members of the family plan are at the physical address where you've subscribed from often enough there should be no problem. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Going by the terms and conditions, you cannot have a family plan with members outside of your home. However, there are illicit ways of you getting around that. You have everyone that wants to be on the plan, join the website from your address using one central wifi hotspot. Once the verification is complete, everyone can go back to their own home. In addition, you can use a VPN to make it appear that everyone is at the same place.

Shame on you Ralphie4you! Not ok to officially explain how to break the rules and ignore the terms of use. Dont you realise by doing so you are sawing off the branch you are sitting on?

What do you mean shame on him that's literally what Alex said all they really have to do is be at your house frequently or in his term periodically in order for the system to seem them as eligible. Basically your friend just needs to come to your house every so often like they usually normally do.

Well, why can’t Spotify offer something like what visible wireless does for family plans with their party pay concept? What do Spotify have to lose? It would bring more paying  customers if they allow coworkers, friends or even strangers to form a unit for a family plan. Without that people would resort to shortcuts like this.

I added my parents and sister to our family plan when they were living with my wife and I, but we no longer reside at the same address (though they visit us and we visit them).  Is it acceptable to keep them on the plan?

@jsmockler,

No, since fhey no longer reside at the same address. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts