Can I use Family Plan with friends?

xaaavi_m
Casual Listener

Plan

Pretend do be Family

Country

Portugal

My Question or Issue

I wanna use premium family plan, but they don't live in the same house as me, how can I do that? we wanna share the same account for 6 guys. Is it possible?

7 Replies

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @xaaavi_m ,

Thanks for reaching out.

All members of a Premium Family plan must reside at the same address as the plan owner (you, in this case) 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

xaaavi_m
Casual Listener

I just need to create my account at my home and add them to my account?

Thats bad.. I don't live with my friends and we wanna use spotify account together..

Alex

Hi there @xaaavi_m,

Thanks for your reply.

As stated in the Spotify Premium Family Terms and Conditions all users of the Family plan need to reside at the same physical address.

During registration all users need to be on the same address as the owner of the premium plan. After that they need to visit the same physical location periodically in order for the plan to stay active.

Hope you find this info useful. 

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

xaaavi_m
Casual Listener

And its possible to use and share spotify account with friends? Like family plan?

Alex

Hi there @xaaavi_m,

Thanks for the reply.

As long as the members of the family plan are at the physical address where you've subscribed from often enough there should be no problem. 

Cheers.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

Ralphie4you
Visitor

Going by the terms and conditions, you cannot have a family plan with members outside of your home. However, there are illicit ways of you getting around that. You have everyone that wants to be on the plan, join the website from your address using one central wifi hotspot. Once the verification is complete, everyone can go back to their own home. In addition, you can use a VPN to make it appear that everyone is at the same place.

asciiM0
Roadie

Shame on you Ralphie4you! Not ok to officially explain how to break the rules and ignore the terms of use. Dont you realise by doing so you are sawing off the branch you are sitting on?

SUGGESTED POSTS