Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can Login With Mobile Hotspot but Not With Wifi

Solved!

Can Login With Mobile Hotspot but Not With Wifi

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can login with a mobile hotspot on desktop app and in phone but when i try to login with my home network it is saying  Firewall may be blocking spotify.... (Error code: accesspoint:34) in desktop app and i tried every solution on internet but none of them worked. And in phone with home network it is saying no internet connection available but my internet was ok. Again i tried every solution and again nothing happen... 😞  Edit: After some waiting in phone it is turning to normal but in desktop i cant login and this was not a problem one week ago or before it started one week ago after update came. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey I solved my problem. In my country there are so many people who encountering these problem. And we found a fix: Change your dns 1 to 8.8.8.8 and change your dns 2 to 8.8.4.4 on phone and desktop. This solved my problem and ı think there is a problem on Turkey servers but who knows? Hope this can be a solution for you. By the way thanks to OneByBoo for helps. Appreciate it!!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hi there @ulasozcan78,

thanks for reaching out !

I was able to find a great suggestion from @Xenia posted here.

Let me know if you've tried both options.

In addition, make sure to permit Spotify on any firewall / anti-virus software installed.

I would also recommend, just for further indication, to try your account on another network to see if you experience the same issue.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hey OneByBoo
First of all i install spotify with those steps both from microsoft store and spotify website. I am sure it was a clean install.
I try to delete entries from hosts file but there was nothing to delete in hosts file so i leave same.
I try with another network like my mobile hotspot and it is running finely both phone and desktop.
I close Windows Firewall and Defender. I uninstall my antivirus.
I turn off my router and turn back on.
Nothing happened after all this steps.
And finally i try no proxy setting and nothing happened
Thank you for quick reply by the way. 

And like i said it didnt happen before on same internet it started one week ago.

Hi @ulasozcan78,

thanks for your quick reply !

For further indication, it would be great to try and use your account on a different WiFi connection and not a Hotspot one just to see if that's an app issue or a port/network issue.

Waiting on your update 🙂

Hey thanks for again for your effort
Actually i tried with other phones and again same thing happened.
I think this is an network problem. But one thing that don't i understand is in same network it is running finely before. So i try with my neighbour wifi and again it works perfectly. So ı tried to contact my router's manufacturer and they are saying same s**t: Turn off and on your router. Reset your router. I did these things like 10 or 20 times.

Oh and I forgot to wrote. I tried different accounts on different phones and other devices. In every account I can't login on except phones. In phones it is logging but it is saying no connection available.

Hey, is anybody up there? This thing is really annoying.

Edit 2: Now I cannot login from phone. I quit out from spotify website from all devices and now ı can not logim from phone desktop. Only in web player ı can login. In phone it says something went wrong. 😞
Marked as solution

Hey I solved my problem. In my country there are so many people who encountering these problem. And we found a fix: Change your dns 1 to 8.8.8.8 and change your dns 2 to 8.8.4.4 on phone and desktop. This solved my problem and ı think there is a problem on Turkey servers but who knows? Hope this can be a solution for you. By the way thanks to OneByBoo for helps. Appreciate it!!

Hey @ulasozcan78,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us and for letting us know that.

We've reported this to the team in charge, and they're currently looking into it.  

In this case, we’d recommend adding your +VOTE to this Ongoing Issue. You can also subscribe to it by clicking the three-dot menu next to the title and we’ll keep you updated with any relevant updates there.

Additionally, we'd recommend trying the steps you can find in the Status Update

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts