Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can The Music-Related Data From One Account Be Copied To Another Under A Family Plan?

Solved!

Can The Music-Related Data From One Account Be Copied To Another Under A Family Plan?

A search of the forum answered a question I had: That one account cannot be used by multiple devices simultaneously under a Family plan.  To be clear, we don't want to stream the same music to more than one device while signed-in to one account, we simply want access to the saved music and playlists on the account since we will be listening to different music.

In order to avoid having to remake the wheel by setting up a new family member account and duplicating the saved music, playlists, etc. is it possible to duplicate that data to another account as a starting point for the new account?  It wouldn't be ideal but at least I wouldn't have to manually recreate what has taken years for me to save on my individual Premium account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @MusicMaven,

Sorry if I wasn't that clear in my first post 🙂

Yes you can ask them to duplicate all your music to another account! You can also make playlists public and collaborative so they can add remove songs, always if you want to and please note that anyone who can find those playlists can do the same 🙂

The second question, if you leave the Family Plan, I mean if all of the members leave you will still keep your current account. Everything you do in any plan you are is on your account, won't affect others 🙂

You can read this FAQ about Premium for Family for more 🙂

Yes, and you can submit it in the link I provided in my previous post 😉

Hope it helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey!
If you contact Spotify support, only they will be able to do what you are asking. I contacted them and got my all music, playlists and even followers transfered from my former account to my new one.

< moderator edit >

Have a good day!

Hey @MusicMaven, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

It is possible to transfer all your music content from one account to another. But it's not possible for one account to have access to another account's saved music.

However, if you would like, you can submit your idea about it in Idea Submissions board or support it if this idea has been already submitted.

To transfer the content I’d recommend reaching out to Spotify for more help with this. Just fill out the online contact form to create a ticket with support. If you would prefer not to send an email, you can reach them on twitter at @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

Have a nice day! 🙂

Note: Contating Spotify Cares if you'd like everything transferred. This will include: Playlists and followers, and everything saved in Your Library. Only playlists followers will be transferred, not the ones from your account 🙂

Just to be clear, I don't want to transfer the data from my account to another if that means the original account will no longer have access to the data. . . I want to duplicate the data as a starting point for the second account.  Is that possible?

Another question occurred to me after I created my original post: If we decided to discontinue using the Family plan and revert to a single account, can that be an account of our choosing?  For the sake of this question, say we want to retain my account vs. the new family member account?

I understand that each individual account will not have access to the other account's music.  But that is an interesting idea for a feature request. . .

Marked as solution

Hey @MusicMaven,

Sorry if I wasn't that clear in my first post 🙂

Yes you can ask them to duplicate all your music to another account! You can also make playlists public and collaborative so they can add remove songs, always if you want to and please note that anyone who can find those playlists can do the same 🙂

The second question, if you leave the Family Plan, I mean if all of the members leave you will still keep your current account. Everything you do in any plan you are is on your account, won't affect others 🙂

You can read this FAQ about Premium for Family for more 🙂

Yes, and you can submit it in the link I provided in my previous post 😉

Hope it helps!

Thanks much for your help!

Suggested posts