Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can a label link artists existing accounts to theirs ?

Can a label link artists existing accounts to theirs ?

I actually don't have a label account yet  only artist, which is why I can't give the information above.  I would like to know if it possible to link accounts with our artists who already have artist profiles? If so how does it work, can a song appear on two separate accounts? Who get the satistics and how can we ensure payments come to us? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

3 Replies

Hey @Retroreverb,

Thanks for reaching out.

Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of Spotify for Artists. Even when it was possible, it was only possible to combine one artist page with one user profile.

Releases can appear on more than one artist page, when, for example, there are two main artists. It's also possible that the release will appear on another artist page if that artist is set as a featured artist page.

Statistics can be viewed for each artist in Spotify for Artists and labels can also use the Spotify Analytics tool to view them for every label release.

You need to reach out to your distributor/aggregator for info about revenue payouts. 🙂

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,

It did help a bit thanks. But maybe I wasn't clear enough, If as a label
account,we release an artists album on our account can they then release
that same album on their own artist account at the same time? IE. can an
album appear twice on separate accounts. If so how does it work in terms of
analysis and payment? I am not concerned with the % of payment an
aggregator takes, but more with how if someone buys on the artist account
the money is received by the label. Also how does searching an artist work
in such a case if the song appears on two accounts?

Thanks

Hey @Retroreverb,

How do you want to release something on "your account"? There's currently no such thing as label pages on Spotify, so the release must be put onto an artist page.

As I've mentioned before, an album can appear on two different artist pages, if there are two main artists. If there's just one main artist, it'll only appear on that page.

It doesn't matter if there are two main artists or just one. The Search should always be able to find it 😉

Hope this helps.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts