NEXT STEP

Can different songs be played on 2 separate speakers at the same time

Solved!

Can different songs be played on 2 separate speakers at the same time

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

We currently have a Premium Account, and have 2 Bose 500 Home Speakers. Does the premium account allow us to play to different songs on each of the speakers at the same time or do we need the Spotify family plan ?

Thank You

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, 
The Family plan can accommodate 6 Spotify accounts. You can upgrade to it, add a member and let the member use the other speaker, log in his/her account to play a different music to it. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Unfortunately Spotify allows streaming only to one device at a time. If you have premium you can download your playlists on one device and set it to offline mode which will allow you to play music on two devices. But there is no way to automatically sync what you are playing to be the same on the 2 devices.

A workaround, however, is to save your playlists to be availabe offline on your devices. Depending on the device you are using, there should be an "Available Offline" button in the playlist something. This will download those upbeat or peaceful tracks to the device, which you can then play freely by going into your device and entering Offline Mode (off the top of my head, in iPhone you can access this under Settings>Playback>Offline Mode. Now that device is offline and can play music saved offline simultaneously with the streaming device. 

I don't want to automatically sync what I am playing to be the same on the
2 devices.

Here's the problem currently, we have one spotify premium account. Each of
the 2 speakers has Alexa built-in.

If we say, "Alexa play The Beatles on Spotify on speaker one" which it does
and then say, "Alexa play The Rolling Stones on Spotify on speaker two" ,
which it does, but,
Speaker one stops.

So we are trying to determine if the above
(both playing) can be done with a premium account, if no, would a Spotify
family account allow us to play the Stones on one speaker and the Beatle on
the other speaker.
Thanks
Marked as solution

Hi, 
The Family plan can accommodate 6 Spotify accounts. You can upgrade to it, add a member and let the member use the other speaker, log in his/her account to play a different music to it. 

What if i’m one person and I’m trying to play different music on 2 different devices though, it wouldn’t make sense for me to purchase a family plan as I am one person.

Hey @p06j1i2g30t8pbva48wo ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

It won't be possible to playback music on different devices at the same time with only one account. You can maybe try adapting your playback setup to accommodate this limitation.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I'm having the same question. What to do you mean, "try adapting your playback setup." How? Thanks.

Hey @coracorazon,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

What is your current setup? Maybe we can think of a way to use all speakers at once or you can get a Family subscription to use one account for each speaker.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have a premium account, and I would really like to listen music on a headset before adding it to queue (via my same device but 2nd speaker/headset). This would be great for DJ ing..... 😉

Plan

Premium

Country

New Zealand 

Device

Sonos 

My Question or Issue

I used to be able to play different content on different sonos speakers from Spotify, now we I try it cuts off what's playing in the other room, any ideas?

This is really funny. I mean I am running with my song playing and suddenly it stops saying that another song is playing at my home. This really shouldn't be the case and why would I buy separate accounts for different speakers for crying out loud. I don't even know who came up with this logic. Youtube Music does not have this issue. It's not like someone is using my account in another device. It's just that someone is using google home to play some music in one of the speakers. Maybe Spotify should try to accommodate this use case and "adapt" because this really does not make any logical sense to me!

Suggested posts