Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can followers see my listening activity?

Solved!

Can followers see my listening activity?

I have my listening activity enabled for my friends to see (we both follow each other). I noticed that someone new started following me. Can they also see my listening activity? Or will they see my listening activity only if I follow them back?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @hungry4grass,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

If you have the Share my listening activity on Spotify setting toggled to "on" (green instead of grey), then other users who are following you on Spotify can see your listening activity (regardless of whether you’re following them back), by viewing their Friend Activity on the desktop app. 

If you aren’t comfortable with a follower being able to see your listening activity, you have the option to block them (you can read about how to do so in this support article, under “Block someone”). When you block a Spotify user, they can’t follow you or your playlists; and they can’t see your profile or listening activity anymore, either.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @hungry4grass,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

If you have the Share my listening activity on Spotify setting toggled to "on" (green instead of grey), then other users who are following you on Spotify can see your listening activity (regardless of whether you’re following them back), by viewing their Friend Activity on the desktop app. 

If you aren’t comfortable with a follower being able to see your listening activity, you have the option to block them (you can read about how to do so in this support article, under “Block someone”). When you block a Spotify user, they can’t follow you or your playlists; and they can’t see your profile or listening activity anymore, either.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts