Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can log in on website but not in the app

Can log in on website but not in the app

Plan

Free

Country

Philippines-US

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can log in on the Spotify website however when I’m trying to log in back in to the app it keep showing there was a problem and to try again later. I have changed the password but the problem continues. I recently flew to the US from the Philippines and changed the location already in my profile. Please help!

3 Replies

Hi there @Golds,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

A Free account can be active abroad for only 14 days in a row.

You can read all about the type of subscriptions and what they offer here.

As you mentioned using a free account and also transferring locations, i recommend you check out your account overview page to make sure you've changed the country setting correctly.

Furthermore, if you're still having issues logging in, please follow the relevant steps presented on this support page.

Hope this'll help.

Keep me posted 🙂

Hi OneByBoo

Thank you so much for the answer. Just to clarify- even if I changed the country to my current location (US) the account won’t be active after 15 days even in a free mode (with ads). I will only he able to log back in when I return to the country where I set up my account? Thanks a lot 

Hi @Golds,

Thank you for your question !

To clarify, a Spotify Free subscription can be used abroad for 14 days before the user is required to provide a payment method to activate it again as Premium (Premium allows the user to use the app wherever they want with no limitations).

For example, let's say i created my account in the US as Free subscription so it recognizes my initial country as the US.

When i move to another country, it recognizes location and then the app starts counting the 14 days limitation of the Free subscription.

Bear in mind that if you decide purchasing Premium of any sort you'll need to provide a matching payment method issued in the same country the account was set at.

In this case, i recommend you do that when going back to your permanent country of residence to maintain a properly subscribed account. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

I hope i managed shedding some light here 🙂

Suggested posts