Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can log in with username but not with e-mail address

Can log in with username but not with e-mail address

Hi community!

I just created a password for my Spotify account because I wish to disconnect it completely from my facebook account.

It did work, but I never managed to login using my e-mail address, only my username. That's all on PC, on both the app and the browser.

Another question: is it possible to change my username not so it looks different for other people, but so I can use it to login?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change. You can add or change your display name which replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity. You can do so following these steps

Have you received any emails from Spotify? You can also search for Spotify in your email inboxes. Once you find an email from Spotify, use that as your email address and try to log in here.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @user-removed,

Just jumping in here to add some extra info to what @Billy-J suggested.

Keep in mind that you can't use your display name to log in to your account, only the username or the email address. 

Since you managed to set a new password, make sure to type the email address and the new password correctly. You can double-check the email address registered on your account when you log in here.

You can also head over to this page for some useful tips on how to access your account. 

Hope this helps. If something else comes up feel free to contact us again.

Have a great day!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts