Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can log onto website, but *not* into app - WTH?

Can log onto website, but *not* into app - WTH?

I am currently logged into your website using my Facebook credentials, but the app steadfastly refuses to accept them. When I click "Forgot my password" and I give it my email address, it just tells me that it's using my Facebook account info and I need to go to Facebook to change my password.

I know what my facebook password is, and you do to, because the website accepts it just fine. What the hell is the app's problem that it won't also take it?

Sad panda. Please help.

15 Replies

Hi WhatAWookiee- It seems the reason you're having some trouble logging in is you've got two accounts on our system. 

One is your original Spotify account while the other is linked to your Facebook. Not to worry, I've just removed that duplicate account for you. 

Please try logging out and logging back in your Spotify username (not your email address). For more info please check out Richard's post here.

That's happening to me to but it lets me login to the app and the message pops up saying with a check box share music you listen to on facebook (not exactly what it said but close) and a red X in the corner to close the message and once I close it it logs me out to the login menu.

redcoat5176 - Is this a problem on your computer? We can disconnect your Facebook if you'd like, which would stop this pop up appearing.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

No its not a problem with my computer it worked before I connected it to face book if you could please disconnect it from facebook that would probably help.

It doesn't look like your account is currently connected to Facebook after all.

Perhaps then instead of disconnecting you, we should try getting you connected.

Try doing this manually through our website at https://www.spotify.com/account/social/facebook/

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

I've just encountered this problem as well. Smiley Frustrated

A6, how about logging in by clicking on a Play Button?

Or, try launching from Facebook in the same way. Try https://www.facebook.com/music/song/Gold/10150179730940228

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

This is currently happening to me as well. I can sign in through facebook (only on the website) but not through the app. what's going on?

How about clicking a Play button? Can you use that to force a login?

That's my problem. When I click on the play button, it launches Spotify, I put in my log-in information, and it stays saying "logging in" with the dial at the bottom just rotating and it never logs in.

Can I have some help please? I need this fixed ASAP because I need to use my account for something important within the next couple of days.

It sounds like you'd need to try a clean reinstall of Spotify, as something's getting stuck here.

If the problems continue drop us a line via our contact form and we'll help you out.

Happening to me too!!!  I can listen on my computer all day- I've installed  & un-installed several times on my phone & same thing.  Doesn't reconize my login info.  I've changed my facebook password, tried using my spotify username- nothing.  Why should I pay for this service after my free 30 days if I can't use it???

It didn't work. I filled out the contact form that you supplied. I hope to get some help soon.

Hi my app says that I have an invalid username or password however I can login through desktop site please can you advise me on how to login through my app

Suggested posts