Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can my wife use my account?

Solved!

Can my wife use my account?

My wife would like to use our account on her phone. The account is linked to my facebook account, so it seems really inconvenient to have her log in as me to use it. How can we both gain access to Spotify premium? I'm thinking this should be possible because if I bought a cd then I could let her borrow it anytime she wants to use it. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @will1984 and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately sharing accounts is against Spotifys terms and conditions. You are not allowed to share it with your wife and also you won't be able to listen to music at the same time (it will always stop on one device).

But you might be interested in the Spotify Family subscription plan - she can save 50% with it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @will1984 and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately sharing accounts is against Spotifys terms and conditions. You are not allowed to share it with your wife and also you won't be able to listen to music at the same time (it will always stop on one device).

But you might be interested in the Spotify Family subscription plan - she can save 50% with it.

Carina is correct on this one, sharing accounts is against the Spotify ToS. She should make her own account.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi there. I have upgraded my account to £14.99 per month for headspace access. Does this now mean I can let my wife use my account the same as the family package?

I have sent invitation to my wifes phone and gone through the whole procedure together with pass word e mail etc and it keeps telling me wrong user name or pass word 

Suggested posts