Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can only log in to Spotify player through Facebook

Can only log in to Spotify player through Facebook

This is really weird.

I have been a member of Spotify since 2009 and linked the account to my Facebook account in autumn 2011.

Now, if I log out, the email address that shows on the login screen is the address my Facebook account is registered to (my Spotify account is registered to a different email address).

I cannot log in using the Spotify registered address and the password which works to open my Spotify account on the web, even if I tell the player login screen not to remember my details, close it and reopen it.

My account on the web tells me, when I try to change my account email address to the same one I have for Facebook, that that address is already registered to another Spotify account. But it also tells me that I have already linked Facebook to Spotify.

But it does look like I only have one account: if I open "My account" when logged in through Facebook, it goes to the account with the different email address, and which is the one I pay subscription for. I'm on Unlimited when I open it through Facebook, and I know I only pay for one subscription.

Is there a way to get them on to the same email address and allow me to open the player without always having to log in to Facebook first?

20 Replies

Same here! As of yesterday cannot login on the browser using my normal user name and password. Screen just freezes when you click the green log in button and nothing happens.

Suggested posts