Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can other family members see what I'm listening to on a family plan?

Can other family members see what I'm listening to on a family plan?

Can other family members see what I'm listening to or my playlists on a family plan?
I'd like to keep my usage private from other family members, especially when listening to some guilty pleasure cheesy 80s pop! What can my family see and is it possible to limit it to nothing?

6 Replies

Hey @k3390520, welcome to the Community!

Everyone who follow you can see what you`re listening to 

If you want to listen in private, you should go in private session (see the infographic)

You may be interested in this idea, which suggesting blocking the followers : )

Private_session_Desktop_twitter2.png

MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your answer Martin. I have used Private Session in the past but it didn't seem to remain on. I'd like this to always be on by default. Is this possible? I never want to share what I listen to.

I'd just like to pay for a shared family account, but everybody has their own private account where what they listen to is just seen by them. If we don't follow each other we won't see anything, correct? Do you have to accept a follower to allow them to see?

Yeah, thats right, if you don`t follow each other, none of you can see the other listening session. 

Unfortunately everybody can follow you, without your permission for that. 

Each private session is active as long as you`re active on Spotify, if you`re not active for 6 hours the private session automatically is turning off.  

You might be interested in this idea too, which suggestion to activate your private session for indefinitely time, please add your vote and comments there to show your support! : )

Apart from what I'm listening to, what else can followers see? Are my playlists private?

If your playlist is private, they still can see what you`re listening to, but instead of seeing the playlist, they will see the album of the song you`re listening to 

be.jpg

Hey @k3390520, I`m sorry but I forgot to suggest you that earlier

You can uncheck "Publish my activity on Spotify" 

Then no one can view what you`re listening on Spotify 

azs.jpg

Suggested posts