Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Change Account Country

Can't Change Account Country

Hello,

I am trying to change my account country from Japan to Canada. I believe the error occured because I currently live in Japan; but my payment method is Canadian, so it's made it rather difficult to pay for Premium. 

Is it possible to swap my account country over?

Kind Regards,

Me, Myself and I.

7 Replies

Hey @shieo!

Thanks for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more help with this.

Unfortunately, right now, you can only change you account's country settings once you're in the country you want to change it to.

Hope this helps and let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!

I have the same problem. I am actually in the new country but I still can t change my old country to the new one on my profile ! 

Hello @Panpan1!

Can you let me know if you have a Premium subscription? It might also be worth checking out this article.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Well i had it but it says that To change the country you have to unsuscribe Premium and wait for the free spotify acess and then you Will be able To change the country. Even doing that i still cant change the country. 

Hello there!

You need to be on Free before you change this. As far as I'm concerned, you already cancelled but can you let me know if you're on the Free version of Spotify?

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Well i kind of found it.  You have to suscribe Again on Premium and before putting your payment you have the link change country at the bottom. But i can t do it. There is an error msg saying that ou card and the location doesnt match.

Hello!
You need to pay for your Premium subscription with a payment method that matches the country you're currently in. Can you let me know if you have one?

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts