NEXT STEP

Can't Change Account Information

Solved!

Can't Change Account Information

Plan

Free

Country

US

I'm in the process of trying to transfer my account from Free to the Student Discount Plan, and in order to verify me as a student, my birthday needs to be correct. Little did I know, when I entered '02 into the information for my birth year, Spotify thought (for some reason) that I meant 1902. I was successfully able to change that, but in the process of that being updated, for some reason, it changed the day I was born to an incorrect date. Now, no matter how many times I try, Spotify will not save the right date. I will enter the date, click save, and then it just slings it right back to the incorrect date. I'm not connected to Facebook so I don't know what the problem is. I would really appreciate some help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Caliope,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.  

If you still haven't upgraded your account to Premium for Students head over here to activate the discount. Your birthdate doesn't play a role when you're trying to get the offer, so no need to worry about that.  

Tip: If you're already verified by SheerID you should've received an activation email. Click on the link in the email to activate the discount. The last thing you need to do is go here and update your payment details.

Then make sure you restart the device and log out and then back in again. If that doesn't do the trick try updating the date on another device or in a private/incognito window.

Hope this helps. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Caliope,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community.  

If you still haven't upgraded your account to Premium for Students head over here to activate the discount. Your birthdate doesn't play a role when you're trying to get the offer, so no need to worry about that.  

Tip: If you're already verified by SheerID you should've received an activation email. Click on the link in the email to activate the discount. The last thing you need to do is go here and update your payment details.

Then make sure you restart the device and log out and then back in again. If that doesn't do the trick try updating the date on another device or in a private/incognito window.

Hope this helps. We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help.  

I'd just assumed that the birthdates matching was included in the verification process because try as I might, I could not get verified for the Student Discount, even though I know for a fact my school is included, and have multiple friends using the Discount already. Every time I try to get verified, it tells me I need to check my account information and try again. 

Hey there @Caliope,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Just to make sure that we're on the same page - you are getting this error message, while on the SheerID website, not when trying to apply the Discount via the activation link? Are you getting the same error message on an incognito browser?

If that's the case, could you post a screenshot of that error? Make sure to also include the full address bar of the page, where you get stuck. You can attach it to your post via the Insert Photo option, just be sure to hide any private or sensitive information.

We'd love to investigate this further! We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I would enter my information into the SheerID website and it would send me to the Spotify Account page with the error message. I ended up clicking the manual option for verification and went through that process which ended up working. All solved. Thanks all for the help. 🙂 

Suggested posts