Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Change Email so Can't get Google Home Mini

Can't Change Email so Can't get Google Home Mini

Hello,

I am attempting to claim my Google Home Mini however I am unable to do so because Google account cannot be linked to the Google Home which is a required step before claiming it. 

I cannot link the two because I created my Spotify account in college and my college email is listed on Spotify and has certain restrictions on it. 

I tried to change the email that is tied to my Spotify account, however because I created Spotify via Facebook.

Is there anyway to get around this in order to claim my Google Home Mini? I feel like I have tried all the ways I know how to possibly get around this issue.

Thank you!

Holly

2 Replies

Hey @hstettl 

If you opened your account with Facebook, your email is tied to the one shown in your Facebook account, so you need to change it in your Facebook profile.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

You can use the email address you have oon your Facebook account to set up your Spotify account to login with email address and password.

If you still remember the email address you used with your Facebook account, you can use the reset password form to set it up.

Hope that works!

Suggested posts