Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Change ZIP Code

Solved!

Can't Change ZIP Code

Hello.

I am trying to change my ZIP Code in my profile because I have moved.  However, when I click on "Save Profile", I get the error message, "Another account is already registered with this email address."  I'm not trying to change my e-mail address.

Thank you for any help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Phoenix_Audubon wrote:

Hello.

I am trying to change my ZIP Code in my profile because I have moved.  However, when I click on "Save Profile", I get the error message, "Another account is already registered with this email address."  I'm not trying to change my e-mail address.

Thank you for any help.

Is there anything entered in the email box - I know Chrome always fills it out for me when I try and enter that page...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@Phoenix_Audubon wrote:

Hello.

Thank you for any help.

Is there anything entered in the email box - I know Chrome always fills it out for me when I try and enter that page...

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you have a duplicate/ghost account in the system which is also registered with that email address (common if your Spotify email is the same as your Facebook login). If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they can remove that extra account for you and you should then be able to change your email. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Huh, weird...I just went back to try and update my ZIP again, and tried to follow LiamW's suggestion by deleting out my e-mail that was prefilled (in IE10), and typing in my new ZIP.  However, this time, above the "Save Profile" button, there was a field to confirm my e-mail in case I changed my e-mail and/or password.  It wasn't there before--honest!  But I typed my e-mail back in, and confirmed my password...and this time, my new ZIP was saved.  Weird, but oh well, problem solved, I guess.  Thank you for the help, guys! [=

Suggested posts