Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Claim Artist Profile (Still Waiting, 3-4 weeks!)

Solved!

Can't Claim Artist Profile (Still Waiting, 3-4 weeks!)

I've had my song on Spotify for weeks now, and STILL I can't claim my profile.  No peep from anyone at Spotify.  Regular tech help will not answer any questions and essentially your just S.O.L.  if you want help with this platform at all.  Anyone else experiencing this problem?  The service is pretty bad so far, not impressed and very confusing.

After finding my name on which band/artist to manage and select my social platforms, I get to the final screen and then it gives me a red banner on top with this text below:

We can’t find that artist. Check your URL or choose an artist in your pulldown menu.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mjgmusic.

Sorry to hear you're having to jump through so many hoops to claim your profile.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to try again. Also, make sure you're requesting access to Spotify for Artists here.

If you get another error message and can't complete the process, you can contact the right team here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mjgmusic.

Sorry to hear you're having to jump through so many hoops to claim your profile.

Let's try clearing your browser's cache and cookies or using an incognito window to try again. Also, make sure you're requesting access to Spotify for Artists here.

If you get another error message and can't complete the process, you can contact the right team here.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Fixed with using Google Chrome Incognito! 🙂

Hey I'm having the same problem except for that when I paste my page URL it comes up with a red banner at the top saying I need a team or something?? 😕 Very frustrating 

Sadly, this isn’t working for me. 

Hi there @Rose222,

Thanks for the post.

The best thing to do is to contact our Artist support team directly from here.

They should be able to help out and see exactly what's going on backstage.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Please I need you to help me rectify an issue please i was given access to my music and profile through a confirmation email so i logged in with same email. Now im logged in but i still haven't seen my music and profile it's still asking me to claim. Still not seeing what i claimed please help me my ref number for the claim confirmation ref:_00DD0pxIW._5007TE0I6a:ref

Hey @papachapo,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

I get that you're trying to do actions for your artistic profile. Keep in mind that the Community is a public forum and it's not the right kind of platform for supporting issues that concern your personal data and account. If you still need some help with actions for your profile, it's best to contact our Support team for Artists who can give you a hand with this, privately.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

PLEASE HELP SPOTIFY. I have already claimed my artist profile under my email. When I go to login to spotify for artists, it asks me to claim again. I go to look up my name and it says that artist has already been claimed. So I tried contacting the team. BUT it sent ME AN EMAIL saying that someone is trying to join MY TEAM. This has to be some sort of glitch in the system or something. I've been trying to contact you guys for weeks, but haven't heard anything back. PLEASE HELP. 

Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 10.53.17 AM.png

are you able to help me out? I've contacted support multiple times. I made a post below this one explains my issue.

Suggested posts