Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Facebook login or change password

Solved!

Can't Facebook login or change password

i am a longtime user of spotify on web in browser, but now am umable to facebook log in on chrome browser. i can log in through facebook on firefox, and have tried resetting password from there, but never receive any reset password email. how can i change password, even though i log in through facebook, or somehow use chrome again?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey!

The first step I recommend if your issue is only occuring on the Chrome browser is to clear your cache & cookies and try logging in again. 

If that does not work, I suggest you try resetting your facebook password, since clicking "Forgot your password?" won't be applicable to you if you use Facebook Log In. If you do have an email linked along with Facebook, you can try the steps here

After all those troubleshooting steps, if you are still stuck, contact Spotify, and they will be able to help you resetting/refreshing your account.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey!

The first step I recommend if your issue is only occuring on the Chrome browser is to clear your cache & cookies and try logging in again. 

If that does not work, I suggest you try resetting your facebook password, since clicking "Forgot your password?" won't be applicable to you if you use Facebook Log In. If you do have an email linked along with Facebook, you can try the steps here

After all those troubleshooting steps, if you are still stuck, contact Spotify, and they will be able to help you resetting/refreshing your account.

Hope this helps!

thank you for your very prompt and helpful reply. i searched for all Spotify in Cgrome cookies and trashed all cookies/cache i found there. then pasted the https://www.spotify.com/account/change-password/ link into logged in account on firefox and was able to set a pass, then log in on Chrome with email/password.

Thank you, was very interested n podcasts, and excited. they are very big now

Suggested posts