Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Find Facebook Friends on Spotify

Can't Find Facebook Friends on Spotify

Hey all, I tried looking for solutions on other threads but it does not work.

ie. 

fresiki
 fresiki 
 Casual Listener

I found my way to the customer support chat and was told to delete Spotify from my Facebook apps, thwn log out of Spotify and go to the signup page and choose to sign up using Facebook. That re-established all permissions and solved the issue 🙂
I have signed in with Facebook on my Spotify but whenever i click find friends it just never stops loading or if it does load it says none of my Facebook friends use spotify but I have 40+ Facebook friend followers on my Spotify account.

Thank you for listening, hope someone can help.

5 Replies

Hi @kfabs!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. I'd recommend installing the latest updates available for both, Spotify and macOS 🙂

If it still persists could you try the steps from this Spotify Answer?

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Hi Loxer, please accept my apologies - I am on Windows. Tried restarting the device/reinstalling the app. The spotify answer you provided was for Mac, would you happen to have the same fix for Windows?

@kfabs wrote:

Hey all, I tried looking for solutions on other threads but it does not work.

ie. 

fresiki
 fresiki 
 Casual Listener

I found my way to the customer support chat and was told to delete Spotify from my Facebook apps, thwn log out of Spotify and go to the signup page and choose to sign up using Facebook. That re-established all permissions and solved the issue 🙂
I have signed in with Facebook on my Spotify but whenever i click find friends it just never stops loading or if it does load it says none of my Facebook friends use spotify but I have 40+ Facebook friend followers on my Spotify account.

Thank you for listening, hope someone can help.
 In order for you to find Facebook friends on Spotify you must first link your Spotify account with your Facebook account simply go to settings social link Facebook account and login and you're done I hope this helps have a wonderful day

Hey @kfabs,

Yes, here's the article.

If those 2 lines suggested there are not in the hosts file make sure to add them and save changes.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

@loxer thank you for the reply once again. I tried the steps in the article once more:

- Reinstall

- Delete, restart device, reinstall

- Couldn't find the 

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

Added it, and also tried deleting all lines, did not work. 

My spotify version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b

Hope there is something I can do, thank you once again.

Suggested posts