Free

Country

United States

Device

Dell Inspiron Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I can't log in with my old account. When I say old account, I mean the one I used before creating this new one today. I have my password saved on the Spotify program that automatically opens upon computer startup, so I don't have to log in every time I use it. For some reason, it logged me out, and I pressed log in with the username and password saved, and it says the username or password is incorrect (error code 3). I'm not sure why this is happening. I only log in on Spotify on my own computer, and no one else uses my computer besides me, and have never shared my Spotify username or password with anyone. I forgot the email attached to the account, so I haven't been able to try to reset the password. I haven't been able to log into the old account on the Spotify website, either. When I try that, the webpage doesn't do anything, and says nothing. I have also tried all of these things on my personal laptop, with the same results. I created this new account so I could post this question.

2 Replies

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble logging into your account. I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer.

If you have a Facebook-created account, you should be able to reset your Spotify password without changing your Facebook one.

Let us know how you get on!

Hey there @AthenaGrey,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

If the steps suggested by @Jᴀᴄᴋ don't do the trick, we'd recommend giving it another try to access your account from a different device or network connection.

If that doesn't help, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article for more steps to try. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts