Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Log into Spotify for Windows Desktop but OK for Web Player

Can't Log into Spotify for Windows Desktop but OK for Web Player

So... I'm logged into Spotify's Web Player via Facebook BUT for some reason I'm not provided the Facebook prompt when logging into the Windows desktop client. Help me understand what I'm doing wrong here as I uninstalled Spotify not once, but twice while reinstalling the software. I posted the screenshot below so if anyone has experienced this issue please let me know what steps I need to take. Thanks!

Spotify Facebook link missing.jpg

21 Replies

Hello!

Im a little confused, have you tried your Facebook email and password in those text fields? 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Yes I did but it won't allow me to log in for some strange reason.

I'm also having the same problem. Facebook email and password are correct but log in failed 😞 

This is frustrating. I never had this problem. It doesn't make sense that I can login on Spotify Web ONLY but not on the software client itself. SMH.... I already uninstalled/reinstalled this thing twice already & I'm about to just leave it alone.... for good.

seems like no one care us. sigh 

From looking at an old thread I found that you should contact the costumer support so they can help you, you can do this here:

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

"The measure of a man is not what he owns but how he owns himself."

@GnagarN wrote:

From looking at an old thread I found that you should contact the costumer support so they can help you, you can do this here:

https://www.spotify.com/us/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

I can confirm, this is great way for support 🙂

I already sent mail before I came and wrote here 😞

just got reply mail a few seconds ago

Answer time is 24 hours. Check your spam junk folder for possible answer. If automated reply, just reply back and someone will contact.

Which error message do you get after you enter your Facebook details? Also do you have two step authentication or login approvals active on Facebook?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

same issue with me. new account less than 2 days.

@icyliciousblue Just want to check we're on the same page here. Can you let me know if the username on this page is a bunch of numbers or a spotify username? Are you saying that you can log in on the web player with the "Log in with Facebook" button but you can't log into the desktop client if you enter your email address and facebook password?

@icyliciousblue Just want to check we're on the same page here. Can you let me know if the username on this page is a bunch of numbers or a spotify username? Didnt quite get what you mean by this. Please explain more.

Are you saying that you can log in on the web player with the "Log in with Facebook" button but you can't log into the desktop client if you enter your email address and facebook password? YES Correct.

Hi Icy,

Could you please try clicking on a Spotify track at www.facebook.com/music?  That will log you into the webplayer, but should then let you login to the desktop client afterwards.

If that fails, please try reinstalling the desktop client.

Hi Calvin,

I just did all you asked me to do but still I cant log-in using the windows program.

1. clicked the link and forwarded me to the webplayer

2. played a song

3. tried logging in to the desktop client but still not working

4. uninstalled the desktop client

5. tried logging in to the desktop client but still not workingSpotify.png

Hi,

I am not too good on these types of problems (done payment cases for too long 🙂 ).  Could you please contact the Support Team on this Link?

If you get an auto-reply to your email, simply reply back and it will go into the live filter.  If you let me know the case ID, I will chase it up for you.

Try logging in to the desktop client with your old password.

It appears that resetting one's password via the web does not reset the desktop client's passwords. The "log out everywhere" button also does not work. The password for the web client is changed, but not for my Android phone, my Windows laptop, or my Mac laptop. Those use the old password.

Confirmed GoMrPickles I am able to log in to the desktop client with my old password. I opened a ticket with support as well, but for now I can at least get in with the old password.

Suggested posts