New Zealand

Devices

Samsung Galaxy S7

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

Operating Systems

Android 8.0.0

Mojave 10.14.6

My Question or Issue

Last week, I started getting an error on my Mac desktop Spotify app saying I was offline although my wifi connection was fine. I was in my work office, so when I got home I tried again but still had the same problem.

I made the mistake of logging out to see if logging back in would help and now I get an error message saying a firewall may be blocking Spotify (screenshot attached). I don't use a firewall or proxy server so not sure how to proceed. 

I looked at some articles and tried flushing my DNS cache, editing my hosts file and allowing spotify.com in my Avast Security Web Shield. No change.

I'm also having similar issues with my Android App - it's saying I'm offline when I'm not.

I tried uninstalling the app on my Mac and phone, but for my Mac I can't access any www.spotify.com sites (see attached screenshots) to reinstall it, and reinstalling the Android app did nothing anyway. It's weird that I can't access www.spotify.com sites to access my account etc - I keep getting the error messages.

This is really frustrating as I'm paying for Premium and I can only use the web player at the moment. I use Spotify every day for work so I'm really reliant on it.

spotify-desktop-error.png
spotify-website-error.png
spotify-website-error-2.png
3 Replies

Hey, @Tanfastic 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Just to clarify this case, are you in a country that is different than the one your account is set to? If you're, maybe that happening because, in a Free account, you cannot use Spotify abroad for more than 14 days. So, in this case, you need to change your country setting. And about the sites from Spotify, try to clean caches and cookies and then try to reinstall it again. 

Check out this and let me know if you've solved the issue...

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm in New Zealand and pretty sure my settings are for New Zealand - I haven't changed them. Also, I don't have a Free account, I have a PRO account and have had this for a few years. I haven't changed anything to my account.

Also, even if this was the solution I can't log in, so I can't change or check my settings!

My partner can play his app on the same wifi system so there must be something wrong with my account. Please help.

Hey again, @Tanfastic 

Sorry for the delay...

Please, could you try to open your account page using an incognito page on desktop and mobile? Let me know how this goes in these situations.

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts