Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Subscribe to Premium

Can't Subscribe to Premium

Good day Spotify,

I was about to take the 3 months premium subcription offer but the service won't accept my card.
It's kinda weird because When I first created my account, I used the same card for the 1 month free premium subscription. And now I am actually gonna subscribe but it won't accept my card now? Why is this?

I am using a Master Card bty the way.

10 Replies

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

The premium subscription offer is not eligible for you, as you already have had an free premium trial before. 

What ? You mean just because I availed the free 1 month premium couple of months ago I can no longer subcribe for a premium subscription ?

That's not cool. 😞

Hello,

I had the a problem when tried premium subscription offer (since yesterday), received the following message:

"Oops, looks like your card or payment service is a bad day. Do not worry, nothing was charged. Try again or choose another payment method."

I did not remember if i tried the 1 month free premium subscription. How can I check it?

Thanks in advance.

@RhanCandia Ofcourse you can subscribe to premium, however not if you accepted a trial before. 

@Flavio You might try the invoice history at your account .

If you can't find it there, you might ask the support team. They are able to check that out for you. 

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Michael, 

there is no history in my invoice history, I will get in touch with Spotify via Twitter.

Thank you very much!

I cannot promise you get an answer via Twitter, because it's about account/payment related information.

but the trial expired months ago. now I just want to avail the 3 months premium promo. but it's not accepting my card. the problem here is the card. Spotify accepted the card when I applied for the trial months ago. so the trial expired. now I want to purchase subscription. but it won't accept the card.

I got the same error message, but yet they took the money out of my card!! Bullcrap!! I've emailed them and as figures, no responce from anybody at Spotify!!! I'm NOT happy with them!!!! 😞 So I thik their 3 months of premium for .99 is a load of crap!!!

@Flavio wrote:

Hello,

I had the a problem when tried premium subscription offer (since yesterday), received the following message:

"Oops, looks like your card or payment service is a bad day. Do not worry, nothing was charged. Try again or choose another payment method."

I did not remember if i tried the 1 month free premium subscription. How can I check it?

Thanks in advance.

I sent a message to support using this link, as recommended by @MichaelW, and got a response. Hope you get a reply there.

This is currently happening to me. How could I avail the promo again???

Suggested posts