Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't Upgrade- 16 digit card number on 3 for 1

Solved!

Can't Upgrade- 16 digit card number on 3 for 1

I'm trying to subscribe to Spotify Premium on https://www.spotify.com/se/purchase/pay/3-for-1/.  Unfortunately, the card number slot only allows for a 14 digit credit card number.  Credit card #'s are 16 digit (at least US Visa & Mastercard are).  If you keep typing your number, digit 15 goes into the month portion of the expiration date and digit 16 goes into the year.  Obviously, this is rejected when tying to submit the payment.  Thus, I cannot subscribe to Spotify Premium currently, which I was really looking forward to before my trip coming up.  The question for Spotify, of course, is how many free users, like me, are looking into Spotify Premium during their leisurely holiday break & cannot pay Spotify right now?  Plus, how many, then, won't come back soon, if ever?  I would like to have Spotify Premium services, but don't know what to do.  Any help would be appreciated.

Side note, it's pretty funny that the Spell Check on Spotify doesn't recognize the word "Spotify".  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I SOLVED IT...(well, sort of).  Thanks for all of your help!  Okay, so if I'm typing the 16 digits out in the credit card # blank on the link provided above, it will only take 14 of the digits regardless of computer, browser, keyboard, web provider, etc.  The problem is clearly on Spotify's end.  However, if I type out my credit card # on a word processing program & copy it, I can paste all 16 digits into the blank without the last two digits going into the expiration month and year respectively like they were when I manually typed them out.  The site said it processed successfully so I'm good to go but what about others?  I have no idea what the cause of the glitch is, but at least I figured a way around it.  Hopefully, Spotify finds out what is going on.  I can't imagine the hit they're possibly taking right now if this is going on across the board.  Thanks again, for your help, gentlemen!  You kept me accountible and sane.  

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hi @FCCAlive,

Welcome to the Spotify Community; I hope you enjoy your time here.

This may be a browser issue, have you tried paying for Spotify Premium on a different browser? As far as I know, when I visited that page you linked to, I was able to put in more than even 16 digits. I would advise trying to use a different browser, if that doesn't work, let us know here.

As a response to your side note, what do you mean spell check on spotify doesn't recognize it's own word? If you're on a browser and you're typing it into a textbox, then the browser itself has not recognized the word "Spotify". Sites do not have control over browser-controlled dictionaries.

I look forward to hearing your response about the browser-issue.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Spotify community software is hosted by an external company, and you are correct Spotify is annoyingly not in the dictionary for the spell checker!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

"This may be a browser issue, have you tried paying for Spotify Premium on a different browser? As far as I know, when I visited that page you linked to, I was able to put in more than even 16 digits. I would advise trying to use a different browser, if that doesn't work, let us know here."

@MikeyB wrote:

Hi @FCCAlive,

Welcome to the Spotify Community; I hope you enjoy your time here.

This may be a browser issue, have you tried paying for Spotify Premium on a different browser? As far as I know, when I visited that page you linked to, I was able to put in more than even 16 digits. I would advise trying to use a different browser, if that doesn't work, let us know here.

Thanks, MikeyB!  I appreciate the welcome.  As for the browser suggestion, no luck.  I've tried Safari & Google Chrome.  So far, same problem.  And Peter, good thought.  Makes sense.

Just to confirm you are entering the card number without spaces?

Peter

Correct.  Additionally, this is the only subscription/service to which I cannot add all 16 digits.  It definitely is between my MacBook Pro (OSX 10.9.1 Mavericks) & Spotify.

BTW, I contacted Spotify themselves two days ago.  Anybody know where they are?  I've had no response besides the automated one acknowledging that they recieved the email.

What language is the keyboard input on your Mac? 

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for all of your help & patience.  I'm typing on a standard Mac English language keyboard.  Incidently, I just returned from work where I did the same on my secretary's Dell (Windows Vista) which is a standard English keyboard as well.  2 computers, 2 different street addresses, 2 different internet providers, 3 web browsers, same problem with one Spotify site.  Same computers, correct results on non-Spotify American websites with credit card transactions.  If I could utilize another method, it would be different.  I just want Premium, but am always redirected to the same "Three-for-One" page with the same problem on it.  I'm not using spaces or any punctuation, just attempting 16 typed digits with only 14 fitting in the blank.  

Marked as solution

I SOLVED IT...(well, sort of).  Thanks for all of your help!  Okay, so if I'm typing the 16 digits out in the credit card # blank on the link provided above, it will only take 14 of the digits regardless of computer, browser, keyboard, web provider, etc.  The problem is clearly on Spotify's end.  However, if I type out my credit card # on a word processing program & copy it, I can paste all 16 digits into the blank without the last two digits going into the expiration month and year respectively like they were when I manually typed them out.  The site said it processed successfully so I'm good to go but what about others?  I have no idea what the cause of the glitch is, but at least I figured a way around it.  Hopefully, Spotify finds out what is going on.  I can't imagine the hit they're possibly taking right now if this is going on across the board.  Thanks again, for your help, gentlemen!  You kept me accountible and sane.  

Glad its working, that as going to be my next suggestion! Interestingly, this is the only report of this issue we have come across and since the payment page appears to be provided by the payment processors it might not be something Spotify can easily change/fix.

Again, thanks for sharing your solution and working with us on this - its much appreciated! If you need any help in the future we are here! 🙂

Peter

Thanks, Peter!

And, btw, I did hear back from Spotify yesterday acknowledging that I had successfully signed up for Premium.  Hopefully, they can see what happened with me so that it doesn't happen with some other potential customers.  Again, thanks for your patience with me as well.  God bless and have a happy New Year's!

Suggested posts