Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't access Spotify using facebook login on iPhone

Solved!

Can't access Spotify using facebook login on iPhone

Hello,

I deleted Spotify off my phone and redownloaded it. I went to login using Facebook and it goes to the Facebook screen. I type in my credentials and it reloads the sign-in page again. I have other apps that use the Facebook sign-in just fine. It also works fine on my Mac laptop. I tried deleting my Facebook account on my phone and re-activating it. Got my other apps to connect through Facebook but Spotify is being stubborn. Am I missing something?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

That's great! It sounds like you have an account created directly through Spotify (using an email address not through Facebook) that you connected to Facebook.

It's recommended for you to use the username to log in instead of the Facebook login (this way, even though you deactivate your Facebook profile, you can still access your Spotify account).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

It seems like Spotify uses the facebook account that you are signed into in Safari rather than the actual Facebook application for authentication. Have you tried opening Safari and verifying that you are signed in with the correct facebook account there?.. Once you do, then try to sign in again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

Hi there,

Before you try again to log in using your iPhone, make sure to log out of any Facebook account on your phone (browser and Facebook app). Then, try again, crossed fingers it'll work this time.

Yes. The credentials are the same. I couldn't solve the facebook re-direct login issue but I did figure out that I could sign-in without using Facebook by using my username (not email) and Facebook password. 

Not sure what the bug is but i was able to avoid figuring it out.

thanks for the response.

Marked as solution

Hi there,

That's great! It sounds like you have an account created directly through Spotify (using an email address not through Facebook) that you connected to Facebook.

It's recommended for you to use the username to log in instead of the Facebook login (this way, even though you deactivate your Facebook profile, you can still access your Spotify account).

Glad you were able to figure it out! Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kind Regards, Le FyK.
I do not work for Spotify.

Follow me

Suggested posts