NEXT STEP

Can't activate trial

Can't activate trial

Plan

Free

Country

South Africa

Device

(OnePlus 3T, Windows PC, Yamaha RX-V485)

Operating System

(Android Oreo, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

I originally signed up in Chrome with my email address w******snip*, and your system created user {snip - Community Moderator edit}.

Today I tried to sign in using Firefox and the site said my password was incorrect. I used the forgot password feature but got no email. When I tried to resend the email, the site said my email was invalid, so I created a new user ({snip - Community Moderator edit}) and started the free trial as this user. When I subsequently logged in to Chrome I could not log in as the new user, so I managed to recover my password for the original user. I then copied all my favorites from the second user to the first user.

I then canceled the trial I'd started on the second user (om the same day it started), and tried to activate it on the original user on the same day, but your system does not allow me to do that. Please help!

Spotify trial.jpg
3 Replies

Hey there @wernervn,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Keep in mind that the 30-day trial is available to users who haven't had Premium (or another trial) in the past. Since you mention availing of the trial offer on your new account, it would explain why you're having troubles taking advantage of that same offer from your original account.

On another note, cancelling the trial on your new account will revert your account back to our Free ad-based service after any remaining Premium time runs out. 

To avoid confusion, you could close your original account and keep only the new one that is currently on Premium. To do so, you can follow the steps here.

Hope this helps clarify things 🙂 Let us know how you get on.

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hi Katerina,

Unfortunately, this doesn't help me really, because my original account has all my playlists, favorites etc.

Is there no way to activate the trial on my original account? Especially since I am not using the new account at all, and keeping my trial on that account is just a waste of the trial, since I will never use it.

Hey there @wernervn,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Unfortunately, this offer’s only for users who have never subscribed before. As you've already used your payment method to take advantage of that offer, even in a different account, you won't be able to avail of it again in your original account.

However, if you'd like to have your playlists over to your new account while you're trying Premium, you can do that! Just follow the steps here

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts