Can't add my device to Spotify Premium

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

I can't add my MacBook Pro to Spotify Premium. I already have Spotify Premium, for University Students. I currently have two offline-devices.

Every time I want to add my MacBook Pro as an offline-device, I'm redirected to the page where I have to buy Spotify Premium again, even though I already have it. By the way, I'm connected to Spotify via my Facebook account. 

Just to explain my exact steps:

1) Open Spotify App on my MacBook Pro (I'm already logged into my account)

2) Click on "Upgrade to Premium"

3) I'm redirected to web page where I have to buy Premium even though I already have it

I'm happy to supply more information, if this isn't enough.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for coming to the Community. It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello! Thanks for your reply.

Can you try logging out from both the Spotify app and Facebook on all devices (even the one that's working with Premium), and log back in by choosing Log in with Facebook? If this doesn't do the trick I'd recommend you change internet connections to see if that helps. You can also reinstall the apps on the devices that show free.

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed!

Thanks for coming to the Community. It sounds like you might’ve accidentally created a second account and signed into that one instead. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how this goes!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey @Jose_M,

thanks for the reply!

I followed the exact instruction of the Support article and it still doesn't work.

I don't have multiple accounts.

I am connected to Spotify via my Facebook account. On my iphone everything works, I can use Spotify Premium etc.

On my MacBook Pro (and other devices), it doesn't work. It says I have "Spotify Free" and that I have to upgrade to Premium (which I already have), even though I am connected via THE EXACT SAME Facebook account which I use with my iphone (on which Premium works perfectly)

This whole thing drives my nuts.

I am looking forward to hearing your reply and I'm thankful for your help!

Marked as solution

Hello! Thanks for your reply.

Can you try logging out from both the Spotify app and Facebook on all devices (even the one that's working with Premium), and log back in by choosing Log in with Facebook? If this doesn't do the trick I'd recommend you change internet connections to see if that helps. You can also reinstall the apps on the devices that show free.

Keep me posted 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

I checked again and turns out I have multiple accounts. Your first reply was dead-on.

Excuse me for my stupidity.

Thank you!

No worries! I'm here to help. Make sure to let me know if you have any other questions and have a nice day 🙂
https://open.spotify.com/track/3B5UbSndRz907IZhhmUfLi?si=S6BhVl38TIi_kdoVMpM31g
Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts