Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't buy a Gift Card

Solved!

Can't buy a Gift Card

Hello !
Today, I've tried to buy a gift card, but after having filling the form and submit it by clicking on continue, I've just came back on the same page with the form empty.
I have been using firefox and chrome to test and have not receive any receipt for the moment (and I hope that I would not receive any since I have tried several times).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ramstx,

Yes sorry for the long wait and all the troubleshooting. I checked and it was an ongoing issue. 

I hope this helps!

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution here too 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey @Gobrunk, welcome to the community.

Hope you’re doing great!

Sorry to hear you’re having issues purchasing a gift card, but no worries - I’ll be happy to help.

Could you try purchasing this gift on another device, and also check your bank statements to see if there is already a charge from purchasing the gift card?

You can learn more about Gift Cards here: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/subscription_information/spotify-gift-cards/

You can also follow these steps if you’re having issues processing payment: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/payment_help/problems-paying-for-spotify-by-card/

Let me know how things come along 🙂

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

First of all, thank you for this fast reply.

I will first wait 2 or 3 days to see if I will be debited for anything, even if I hope that it is not the case. Then I will try to do it from another laptop to see if it works.

I will tell you the result.

@Gobrunk-

Thanks for the reply 🙂

Okay, no worries! let me know how things come along!

/B

Billy-JSpotify Star

Hi, i have the same problem; i tried with different devices and browsers: chrome and IE with 2 different pcs, and safari with iphone.

thank you for support

bye

I am having the exact same issue. I started a chat session with Spotify help and they could not provide a solution. I tried:

1) Desktop Chrome access

2) Desktop Chrome incognito window

3) Desktop Internet Explorer

4) iPhone Wifi Safari

5) iPhone Cellular Data Safari

At that point I just gave up. It was clear the support tech had no idea their system was broken and kept suggesting it was a problem on my end.

If ANYONE has been able to gift a spotify subscription recently I would appreciate knowing what you used to make it happen. I'm in the USA.

@ramstx@Gobrunk@quaro75 -

Thanks for the reports.

There was an issue with purchasing gift cards, but should all be fixed now! 

Pleas go ahead and try some basic troubleshooting again such as use another browser, different internet connection, retarting your device. 

Hope this helps 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star

Just tried it and it works fine. I’m glad Spotify finally realized there was an issue on their end. Spent way too much time talking to different techs all leading me down the wrong path with ridiculous troubleshooting activities.
Marked as solution

@ramstx,

Yes sorry for the long wait and all the troubleshooting. I checked and it was an ongoing issue. 

I hope this helps!

If this reply helped you out, make sure to mark it as the solution. This way, other users who might be facing this issue can come into this thread and see the solution here too 😊

Billy-JSpotify Star

Suggested posts